May 23, 2011

This is why I love Fashion

Last week I wrote up some answers to a few interview questions I did for an online magazine. It was a very self reflective exercise which allowed me to question my own motives.

I design because I am passionate about fashion, but the heart of it really comes down to one thing; All of this is to share my vision with others, to reproduce the imagery I envision and to hopefully inspire others.

The vision I created for my graduating collection, entitled Sacré Coeur, was inspired by the Church in Paris, representing the contrast between light and dark, the sacred and the sinful. With the use of distressed leathers, and the airiest silk chiffon, I wanted to create a sense of drama between the fabrics. The raw edges of the fabric and the couture refinement of the embellishment also add to the contrasting elements.

This is what I love to do. This is why I love fashion.


Photographer: David Hou
Stylist: Lotus Leaf





8 comments:

  1. Oh my god, your collection is INCREDIBLE!! Really gorgeous, and your passion is clearly visible in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog! Delighted to come across yours too - keep up the excellent work and keeping following your passion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!!! :D

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool blog you have! Would you like to follow eachother? love, m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woow i love this <3

    xx

    http://jennplaysguitar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your collection looks flawless. Really nicely done!

    // THE STYLE MANUAL

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...