January 18, 2011

Wanderlust: Hong Kong and my Top 5




I thought I would share some photos from my Hong Kong trip from the perspective of my point-and-shoot camera. The trip was such a colourful experience, visually and personally. It was inspiring to see the colours from the flower market, the lights from the oversized neon signs, the sun setting behind the mountains and to see old China juxtaposed against modern skyscrapers.

Also, I learned on this trip that I am just too snap happy when it comes to food.


Here are my top 5 highlights of Hong Kong that you shouldn't miss:
  1. The Peak: for amazing panoramic views of the city. Plus you get to ride a tram to get to the top.
  2. The Big Buddha: It's probably the biggest Buddha I've ever seen. It's a little bit of a tourist trap, but it's definitely worth checking out.
  3. Mong Kok: for cheap shopping and bargains at the market. Remember there is no tax and you'll have to haggle!
  4. Flower Market: for the impressive variety of flowers and inspiring colours
  5. Causewaybay: for the extensive amount of shopping and the most damage to your credit card. There is Laforet here and a street called Fashion Walk lined with Marc Jacobs, Isabel Marant and smaller boutiques.

6 comments:

  1. That flower market shot is amazing! I can only imagine how beautiful it was in person. So funny that you met Cherise from Omelle in Vegas, her and I have been friends for years! Have a great day doll. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Hong Kong looks like such a colorful city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos!! I used to go to hong kong quite often, your photos bring back all my memories, I miss there~

    ReplyDelete
  4. hong kong seems amazing!! i MUST go there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to Hong Kong next week!!!!!
    Can't wait!
    I love your blog <3
    Following you!
    Follow me too?
    http://cutenerdglasses.blogspot.com/
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photos! I love the one of the flowers :)

    http://beautymark3d.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...